** The Corner Book Shop at the Bellevue Regional Library is currently closed for remodeling. Please join us for a Grand Re-Opening at 10:00 am on Wednesday, June 5, for the ribbon cutting ceremony. Treats will be served in the morning and "Buy one/ Get one free" coupons will a available (one per customer) for use that day. Extended Shop hours on Opening Day are 10am to 7pm. **
Phone: 425- 450-2446
New hours (during construction):
The Corner Book Shop, operated by the Bellevue Friends of the Library, is located on the first floor of the library. The bookshop sells used books and a limited selection of office supplies.
Donations are always welcome for the bookshop’s on-going sales. All accepted item donations are tax deductible. Receipts for tax purposes are available at the bookshop counter or library Information Desk. Bookshop proceeds are used to fund library programs and services.
Please bring donations to the Bookshop during open hours or to the Information Desk inside the library. If you have several boxes of items, please ask Bookshop or Information Desk staff about use of a book cart.
Book Donation Guidelines:
The Bellevue Friends gladly accepts almost all kind of donations in good condition:
- Adult and children’s hardback and paperback books
- Books on Tape/CD
- CDs & Cassette Tapes
- Videos & DVDs
- Current Pop-culture & ‘Lifestyle’ Magazines
- Sheet Music
Regretfully, we cannot sell and cannot accept:
- Water-damaged, mildewed, musty, strong-smelling or soiled books.
- Damaged books (torn/loose pages, broken spines) needing repair, scratched/unplayable CDs, DVDs, or VHS tapes.
- Reader's Digest Condensed Books
- Encyclopedias (pre-1920's may be considered)
- School Text Books
- Computer or technical books over 2 years old
- Book of the Month Club (except Sci-Fi Titles)
- Professional Journals (i.e. AMA, Law, Engineering, Accounting)
- Sports, news and computer magazines over 6 months old
- Vinyl Records
Volunteers are needed in the Book Shop to be sales staff and in the Marking Room to sort and price the books. All volunteers help to restock the Shop shelves. It is possible to work in both areas if you want to do so. Volunteers are scheduled to work 3-hour shifts twice per month. Volunteers must be over the age of 18.
Last Updated: May 17, 2013