Phone: 425- 450-2446
Mon, Tues, Fri and Saturday: 10am-1pm
The Corner Book Shop, operated by the Bellevue Friends of the Library, is located on the first floor of the library. The bookshop sells used books and a limited selection of office supplies.
Donations are always welcome for the bookshop’s on-going sales. All accepted item donations are tax deductible. Receipts for tax purposes are available at the bookshop counter or library Information Desk. Bookshop proceeds are used to fund library programs and services.
Please bring donations to the Bookshop during open hours or to the Information Desk inside the library. If you have several boxes of items, please ask Bookshop or Information Desk staff about use of a book cart.
Book Donation Guidelines:
The Bellevue Friends gladly accepts almost all kind of donations in good condition:
- Adult and children’s hardback and paperback books
- Books on Tape/CD
- CDs & Cassette Tapes
- Videos & DVDs
- Sheet Music
Regretfully, we cannot sell and cannot accept:
- Water-damaged, mildewed, musty, strong-smelling or soiled books.
- Damaged books (torn/loose pages, broken spines) needing repair, scratched/unplayable CDs, DVDs, or VHS tapes.
- Reader's Digest Condensed Books
- Encyclopedias (pre-1920's may be considered)
- School Text Books
- Computer or technical books over 2 years old
- Book of the Month Club (except Sci-Fi Titles)
- Professional Journals (i.e. AMA, Law, Engineering, Accounting)
- Sports, news and computer magazines over 6 months old
- Vinyl Records
Volunteers are needed in the Book Shop to be sales staff and in the Marking Room to sort and price the books. All volunteers help to restock the Shop shelves. It is possible to work in both areas if you want to do so. Volunteers are scheduled to work 3-hour shifts twice per month. Volunteers must be over the age of 18.
Last Updated: November 5, 2013