- The Bothell Library provides 10 computers for exclusive use of the KCLS Catalog and Online Databases. These databases include encyclopedias, directories, articles and graphics on a variety of research subjects.
Word Processing/Internet Access Computers
- The Bothell Library has 32 computers dedicated to Microsoft Office 2003XP, which includes MS Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher and MS Explorer as the Internet browser.
- Persons wishing to use the Internet computers will need their KCLS Library Card. Patrons may access Bothell Library computers up to 2 hours a day. Computers are available in one hour, half-hour, or 15 minute increments. Three filtered Internet computers are available for children.
Patrons may reserve an Internet computer at the library in advance (up to three days) by reserving a PC online at http://book.kcls.org, by using the library's Reservation computer terminals, or by contacting the Bothell Library Information Desk at 425-486-7811. There is a 10 minute grace period for reservations.
- Patrons may freely print up to 75 pages each week at any of the KCLS branch
- The Children's area includes 1 catalog station, 3 filtered internet terminals, and two special workstations with educational CD Rom programs for preschool aged children.
The Bothell Library has a wireless connection to our server for persons with laptops and other wireless devices. For more information on Wireless Access.
Using Storage Devices
- Personal documents may be saved or accessed on the Public Access Computers
by using a 3-1/2” floppy disk, a removable jump/USB drive, or the KCLS
Network’s temporary storage P –drive. 3-1/2” floppy drives
are available for purchase at the Information Desk for $1.00. Storage devices
should be installed before logging onto the KCLS public computers.
Please bring a computer disk with you or purchase one at the Information Desk. You cannot save to the hard drive.
Last Updated: November 27, 2009