Reference Services and Special Collections
Ask the Reference staff to help you find what you need from Bothell's collection of over 180,000 items in print, audiovisual, and electronic formats, and from King County Library System's total collection exceeding three million items in 46 community libraries.
- Repair (Chilton's and Mitchell's)
- Buying Guides (Consumer Reports, Consumers Digest, Intellichoice, Edmund's)
- Price Guides (Kelley's, N.A.D.A)
The Bothell Library offers a special collection of business reference sources for the manager, the investor, and the company researcher.
- Local, national and some international business directories - addresses, personnel, sales, line of business
- Industry norms and ratios - compare profitability by industry
- Business and financial statistics - interest and exchange rates, commodity prices, cost of living, market data
- Investment services such as Valueline, Morningstar and Standard & Poor's - data on individual investment and industry trends
- Financial newsletters - advice and projections on the economy, stocks, and mutual funds
- Industry surveys - current performance and trends for the manager and investor
Consumer Center Collection includes:
- Consumer Reports Annual Buying Guide and Consumer Reports Magazine
For Auto Guides, see Automotive.
- Most current editions kept at the information desk, older editions on the shelves.
Foreign Language Books
- Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish and Thai
- Foreign Language Magazines and Newspapers
- State & Federal, Regional & Local including King County, Snohomish County, City of Bothell & the Northshore School District.
- Annotated Code of Washington
- CD Law
- Code of Federal Regulations
- Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Revised Code of Washington
- United States Code Annotated
- Washington Administrative Code
- Washington Court Rules
- Books and a large selection of audiovisual materials for the needs of beginning adult readers, students of English as a Second Language, and Literacy/ESL tutors
- Materials are arranged by skill level.
Regular TalkTime Sessions for ESL
The map collection contains the following types of maps for in-library use only:
- 7.5 Minute Topographic Maps (Puget Sound Region)
- City & Country Travel Maps (worldwide coverage with an emphasis on Western Europe)
- Green Trails Hiking Maps (Washington Cascades and Olympics)
- Metsker County Maps (Washington)
Recreation Maps (popular Northwest parks and regions)
Use use online Library Catalog to find items and place holds, or to look up magazine and newspaper articles on almost any subject or call the Bothell Reference staff at 486-7811.
May 25, 2010