General Benefits Summary
Paid Time off
It is the policy of KCLS to grant to all part-time and full-time employees:
- Annual Leave (Vacation).
- Sick Leave
- Holidays - KCLS celebrates ten (10) holidays each year and one (1) floating holiday. Part-time employees are eligible for holiday pay if scheduled to work on that day.
Medical/Dental Insurance Benefits
Our health insurance plans with Group Health/Premera/WDS are paid by KCLS for all employees working 20 or more hours per week. Employees may also purchase benefits for dependants and domestic partners.
Retirement - Public Employee Retirement System (PERS)
Employees working 20 hours per week or more are automatically enrolled in the Washington State Public Employees’ Retirement System (PERS). Both KCLS and employee contribute toward PERS retirement benefits.
Flexible and Daycare Spending Accounts
Employees working 20 hours per week or more can set aside a portion of their salary on a pre-tax basis to pay annually for up to $2,400 in family medical expenses and up to $5,000 in child care needs.
Life and Accidental Death Insurance
All the employees working 20 hours per week or more qualify for the group term life insurance benefit equal to one times their annual salary. In addition employees working 40 hours receive long-term insurance.
Employees working 20 hours per week or more are eligible to participate in the following voluntary benefits:
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan - You can supplement any other retirement benefits you may have be setting aside pre-tax dollars in this retirement savings account.
- Term Life Insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - This employer-sponsored program is a confidential counseling assessment and referral service. The EAP offers employees and their families’ personal and professional counseling, information on health and wellness topics, and more.
- Ride-Wise - KCLS encourages you to “leave the car at home” and seek other ways to commute to work. All employees are eligible for reimbursement of 50% of your tax-free ORCA transit pass, van pool as well as provide Guaranteed Ride Home.
- Tuition Assistance - KCLS encourages employees to pursue college, associate and graduate degrees and certificated programs where such education and knowledge may be useful to KCLS. Tuition assistance, as funding permits, is available to all employees.
Return to top