Frequently Answered Local Questions at the Kent Library
Kent and Puget Sound Web Sites
Look It Up Locally!
Frequently Answered Local Questions
- How can I get a library card?
- Come to the checkout desk at Kent or any other KCLS
branch for an application. Make sure you have a photo ID with your current
address. More information...
- Where can I register to vote?
- You can pick up mail-in registration applications at public libraries,
public schools, or any city clerk's office. More information for voters is
available from League of Women
Voters and King County Records
and Elections Division.
- Where is the Chamber of Commerce?
- The Kent Chamber of Commerce is located at 524 West Meeker Street, Suite
1. The phone number is 253-854-1770. They also have a web
site with more information.
- Where do I get my driver's license?
- The Kent Licensing Service Office is located at 25410 74th Avenue South.
The phone number is 253-872-6019. Open Monday through Friday from 8:30 am
to 4:30 pm. More information...
- Where can I get a marriage, business, or animal license?
- The King County License and Regulatory
Services Division has information about these licenses.
- Where can I register my vehicle?
- The Kent Licensing Agency is located at 331 Washington Avenue South. The
phone number is 253-852-3110. Open Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 5:30
pm, and Saturdays from 8:30 am to 1:00 pm. More
- Where can I get an emission test for my vehicle?
- Kent's Emission Check Station is at 407 Washington Avenue North. They are open Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm, except Wednesday evenings they are open until 8:00 pm. Open Saturdays from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm. More information...
Where can I get a food handler's permit?
- You can get this permit at 1404 Central Avenue South, Suite 101, in Kent. Call 206-296-4708 for more information.
Where is the Regional Justice Center in Kent?
- The Regional Justice Center is located at 401 Fourth Avenue North in Kent.
The phone number is 206-205-2900. Open Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 6:00
- Where is the Natural Medicine Clinic?
- Also know as the Community Health Center, it is located at 403 E Meeker in Kent. The phone number is 253-852-2866.
Kent and Puget Sound Web SitesHere are some more sites with information about Kent and the surrounding area.
- Kent School District
- Links to KSD information, including a calendar of events, links to educational resources, and an index of Kent schools with their own web pages.
The City of Kent
- City government information and links.
King County Government
- County government information and links.
Home Page Washington
- Features an exhaustive index of state government resources, plus an image tour of Washington and a section just for kids.
Look it up locally!You can look up quick information for Kent and the Puget Sound area at these sites.
- Community services from the Seattle/King County Crisis Clinic
- Weather from the Weather Channel
- Traffic from the Washington Department of Transportation
- Bus routes from King County Metro Transit
- Maps and driving directions from Mapquest
- Business and residential listings from the US West White and Yellow Pages
- Zip codes from the U.S. Postal Service
- Local news headlines from KIRO
- Movie showtimes at Movielink
- Washington State Lottery Results
- Camping and hiking destinations from Seattle Sidewalk
- Seahawks, Sonics, and Mariners schedules and scores
- Was that an earthquake?
April 12, 2012