All are welcome to attend Story Times and programs for children and families.
Play and Learn
Story Times are designed to foster an early and ongoing love of books, libraries, and learning.
What happens at Story Time?
Infant Story Time
(Ages Newborn to 12 months)
Infants make connections between books and language. Parents and caregivers learn how to use Early Literacy practices at home.
Find Infant Story Times
World Language Story Time
Fiestas are free workshops in Spanish that help families prepare their children for kindergarten.
- Families with children are welcome but childcare is not available.
- Registration is not required but space is limited.
- Eight themes are presented: Raising bilingual children; Talking; Playing; Singing; Letters and Sounds; Reading; Writing; The United States school system.
- A book in Spanish is given to every family at each session.
- Crafts and snacks are included in each session.
Have fun learning while socializing with Spanish-speaking families!
Find Fiestas workshops.
Fiestas is supported, in part, by the KCLS Foundation.
Kaleidoscope Play & Learn is an organized play group for newborns to age 5 and their caregivers.
Have fun learning while we play, sing songs, read and create art!
Find Kaleidoscope Play & Learn
programs at your library.
Attend seasonal programs for children and families featuring diversity, poetry, and holidays.
- Attend hundreds of fun and free science, technology & art programs at your library this summer.
Find all upcoming special events
at your library.