The Kirkland Library Advisory Board meets at the Kirkland and Kingsgate Libraries on an alternating basis.Â They are held the third Wednesday of each month at 6pm in the library conference room. Board meetings are open to the public.
September 19, 6pm - Kingsgate Library
October 17, 6pm - Kirkland Library
November 21, 6pm - Kingsgate Library
December 19, 6pm - Kirkland Library
- Megan Melloy, Chair
- Shawn Thornsberry, Secretary
- Eric DeJong
- Pat McWha
- Joel Ryan
- Youth member (position open, apply here)
Friends of the Library of Kirkland (FOLK) is an all volunteer organization founded in 1987 by Kirkland citizens.
The purpose of FOLK is:
- To encourage closer relations between the Kirkland Library and local citizens.
- To publicize the functions, resources, services and needs of the library.
- To help the library serve the public by funding special library purchases as well as sponsoring programs for children, teens and adults.
FOLK raises funds through the sale of books and DVDs donated by the public. We do not accept vinyl records, foreign language materials, encyclopedias, magazines, professional journals or items that are otherwise not acceptable for resale.
Monetary gifts are also welcome . Many companies have matching gift programs for employee contributions. FOLK is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Our TaxID # is 94-3047476. Donations are tax deductible.
For more information on volunteering or to join FOLK please contact the Kirkland Library at (425) 822-2459.
Last Updated: October 18, 2012