Placing a Hold
- In order to place a hold, you must first search for or locate an item.
- You may place a hold on any circulating item in our collection.
Click on the PLACE HOLD button.
The next screen will ask you for your Library Card Number and PIN, click on SUBMIT.
You will be asked to select your pickup location from the drop down menu.
You will see a screen stating that your transaction was successful.
If it was not successful, this might be due to a typing error in your Library Card Number, or pin.
BACK ONE SCREEN takes you back to the search results screen.
Here is a guide to the total number and types of items patrons can reserve (hold) or checkout using their KCLS library card:
- Holds: 25 items; Holds which are available for pick-up, but not yet checked out, count towards this limit.
- Checkouts: Maximum 100 items
- Special Materials: five (5) children’s holiday books (due to demand)
Returning Library Materials
When your borrowed materials are due, you may return them to any KCLS community library. External book drops are conveniently located at each library and are available for returning materials after regular library hours. Check here for a list of library locations and hours.
Thank you for completing this tutorial. Please use our other tutorials for further help.