New PC Booking and Print Management @ the Library
It is important to evaluate the technology systems that are being utilized, in order to determine if there are better or more economically sensible systems on the market. The time had come for a full review of the existing session management software. As a result of this evaluation, a staff committee selected Envisionware as the preferred replacement choice. The implementation of this new system will improve functionality for the outdated system and will provide more options with regard to future enhancements:
Why the change?
Step by Step Instructions to using the new system.
What is different?
- Envisionware identifies prints as “units” instead of pages:
- 1 Black & White Page = 1 Print Unit
- 1 Color Page = 3 Print Units
- If a reserved computer is not in use, one may log in at any time and begin the session.
- If a computer has not already been reserved, one will be able to extend session time automatically (up to the branch-allowed maximum.)
- For added convenience, It will now be possible to reprint any previously requested print job until closing of the branch.
- When making a reservation, one will automatically be assigned the next available computer instead of selecting a specific computer.
- It will also be possible to lock the computer screens for up a short time without losing the computer. A password will be required to unlock the computer.
- The “P” drive will no longer be available. It will now be essential to save work to a flash drive or to a personal “cloud” account - established on the Internet .
Last Updated: December 7, 2012