Non-King County Residents
What is reciprocal borrowing?
We issue library cards to residents and property owners from neighboring library systems that have a reciprocal agreement with us.
I own property in King County but I don't live in King County - can I get a King County Library System (KCLS) card?
Yes. You can get a KCLS card if you own property in King County except for Seattle, Hunts Point, or Yarrow Point. You must show proof of owning property within our service area.
Which King County towns or cities outside of the KCLS service area have a reciprocal borrowing agreement with KCLS?
Seattle. The KCLS-SPL Reciprocal Borrowing Agreement permits Seattle residents to get limited-use KCLS cards.
Why can't Yarrow Point and Hunts Point residents get KCLS cards?
Yarrow Point and Hunts Point have no agreement for library service with KCLS.
Which counties, library districts, and cities outside of King County have reciprocal borrowing agreements with KCLS?
- Chelan County
- Clallam County
- Clark County, excluding Camas
- Douglas County, excluding Mansfield, Rock Island
- Everett Public Library
- Ferry County, excluding Kettle Falls
- Fort Vancouver Regional Library
- Grant County, excluding Hartline, Marlin, Wilson Creek
- Grays Harbor County, excluding Ocean Shores
- Island County
- Jefferson County Rural Library District
- Kitsap Regional Library
- Klickitat County, excluding Bingen
- Lewis County, excluding Morton, Mossy Rock, Napavine, Pe Ell, Toledo, Vader
- Mason County
- Milton Public Library (annexed to Pierce County Library System)
- North Central Regional Library
- North Olympic Library System
- Okanogan County, excluding Conconully, Nespelem
- Pacific County
- Pierce County Library System, excluding Carbonado, Fircrest, Roy, Ruston
- Port Townsend Public Library
- Puyallup Public Library
- Skamania County
- Sno-Isle Regional Library
- Snohomish County, excluding Woodway
- Tacoma Public Library (residents must have a valid card from their "home" library before adding the reciprocal card from KCLS)
- Thurston County
- Timberland Regional Library
- Woodland in Cowlitz County
Last Updated: March 29, 2013