Valley View Library
Friends, Advisory Boards & Volunteer Opportunities
The Friends of Valley View Library provide support in many ways. Friends support library programs through fund-raising and volunteering time. Some of the Friends' activities include:
- sponsorship of special programs for children and adults
- a monthly book discussion group for adults
- an annual book sale at Valley View Library
- participation in annual Library Legislative Day
- grant writing and development for special collections not funded with regular tax dollars
- sponsorship of SeaTac Oral History Project, as part of a community-wide effort to collect information on the History of the City of SeaTac
Friends of Valley View Library always welcomes new members.
To join, call and ask to have a Friends brochure sent to you.
There are many types of volunteer opportunities at the Valley View Library:
Talk Time is a free conversation class to improve basic English. Meet people from around the world and learn about American culture. Ask Peter, the Valley View Library Talk Time Coordinator, for more information.
Words on Wheels is a program where staff and volunteers bring materials to people who can't get to the library. For more information contact Susan LaFantasie at 425-369-3235 or 1-877-905-2008.
- Become a member of the Friends of the Valley View Library.
Last Updated: October 4, 2012