Volunteers at community libraries assist staff in a variety of ways.
- Pulling patron holds off the shelves
- Shelving holds for patrons to pick up
- Assisting librarians with programs
- Logging volunteer hours online
- Other support tasks as needed
Due to considerable interest in volunteering at KCLS, please ask staff at your local library about these opportunities. Once it's determined that there is a good match, staff will email you a link to our Library Volunteer application.
Volunteers must complete an online application, signature forms, interview, and Washington State Patrol criminal history check. Please allow up to several weeks for this process.
See also United Way of King County for local volunteer opportunities.